Incoming Juniors – PSAT and SAT Information
September 24th, 2015
While every year is important in your preparation for college and career, junior year is key!
- The PSAT and SAT are changing significantly (click here for details) and you will be the first class to experience these revisions. That puts you in a unique position, as I believe, based on past experience, colleges will be more flexible in their interpretation of results. That’s a good thing!
- The new PSAT will be administered at RFH on October 14. You can register at aptestservice.com/rumson. ALL juniors should take this revamped test in preparation for the new SAT’s this spring.
- Catalyst Prep will be offering a weekend bootcamp (October 3 and 4) in preparation for the new PSAT. You can find information and registration details by clicking the link.
- Khan Academy has partnered with College Board to provide free SAT prep. https://www.khanacademy.org/test-prep/new-sat
- While juniors have the option of taking the old SAT in December or January, I would only suggest this to juniors who scored in the 60′s or 70′s on the old PSAT as a sophomore. All other juniors should wait for the new SAT in March, May or June. We will be a test center in March and June.
- The ACT is still an option, but shouldn’t be taken before the spring. We are a test site in June.
Much more to come on all of this.
Parents, Testing and test strategy will be our main focus at the “Coffee Talk” parent meeting on October 14 (during PSAT testing) . More details will be sent under separate cover. Please “save the Date” for now.