FRENCH & SPANISH PLACEMENT:
- As the second half of your child’s eighth grade year begins, many aspects of the high school experience must be considered. One consideration of the planning process includes your child’s choice of language study and subsequent language placement. At RFH, we encourage students to continue the language currently studied in eighth grade, but they may also consider choosing an additional language to study.
- Students who participated in the 8th grade Chinese language study program at RFH will not need to be assessed and will be placed in Chinese II or Chinese II Honors (as recommended), if Chinese is their choice of language study.
- If your child has never studied a language and will be registering for a French I, Spanish I, or Chinese I class, he/she does not need to be administered this exam.
- For purposes of appropriate placement into the high school language courses beyond level I, we are administering French and Spanish Placement Assessments on WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 22nd AT 3:30 PM. The assessment will begin promptly at 3:30 PM and end at 4:30 PM. Parents should bring their child to the high school main entrance in front of the building at 3:15 PM. Student must be picked up promptly at 4:45 PM at the front entrance.
- ALL STUDENTS WISHING TO BE PLACED IN SPANISH AND OR FRENCH LEVEL II OR HIGHER MUST SIT FOR THIS EXAM.
If you have any questions at all, please call me at 732-842-1597 ext. 275.
Seth D. Herman
Supervisor of World Languages,
Fine and Performing Arts, Financial Literacy and ESL
- To be sure each student is placed appropriately in his/her 9th grade mathematics course, each incoming RFH student must take a Mathematics Placement Exam. This will ensure that each upcoming 9th grader begins his/her math career at RFH from the most appropriate place to allow for maximum success.
- Any student who has not taken Algebra I will not need to be assessed and will be placed in Algebra I at RFH for his/her freshman year math course.
- A student who has taken Algebra I and would like to repeat Algebra I during freshman year at RFH will not need to be assessed and will be placed in Algebra I at RFH for his/her freshman year math course. This decision may be based on data and discussion with the student’s current school. Should this option be taken, please know your child may (not mandatory) take both Geometry and Algebra II in his/her sophomore year to allow the student to reach Calculus as his/her senior year math course.
- The placement exam will take place on THURSDAY, MARCH 2nd AT 3:30 PM. Students must report to the FRONT ENTRANCE OF RFH by 3:15 PM (students will not be permitted to enter the building before 3:15pm). The assessment will be one hour in length. Students must be picked up at the front entrance at 4:30 PM.
- ALL STUDENTS WISHING TO BE PLACED IN A MATH COURSE BEYOND ALGEBRA I MUST SIT FOR THIS EXAM. PLACEMENT WILL BE DETERMINED BY PLACMENT EXAM RESULTS AND PARCC ALGEBRA I SCORES. STUDENTS THAT DO NOT PASS PARCC ALGEBRA I WILL BE PLACED IN ALGEBRA I.
- Your child should bring a pencil and a scientific calculator (graphing calculators will not be permitted).
If you have any questions, please call me at 732-842-1597 ext 554.
Supervisor of Mathematics, Science, and Physical Education