THE FRENCH HONOR SOCIETY
MEETING: The Society holds events 3-4 per year and meets once a month, usually on the third Friday of the month.
The aim of the French National Honor Society is to stimulate interest in the study of French, to promote high standards of scholarship, to reward scholastic achievements, to create enthusiasm for and an understanding of Francophone cultures, and to promote international friendship.
French National Honor Society
Requirements for membership eligibility:
- Students have the opportunity to join the FNHS while enrolled in French III Honors, French IV, French IV Honors, French V, or AP French and must be a sophomore/junior/senior.
- Students must have a minimum of A average in French IV and/or French V, or an unweighted B average in French III Honors, French IV Honors, or AP French for three (3) quarters of the current academic year and all of the previous academic year.
- Students must have a minimum general academic average of B.
- Students must be enrolled in the next sequential French course offered to show
- continued interest in French studies
Requirements to maintain membership:
- Students must maintain a minimum of 80% (B-) for French Honors courses or a minimum of 90 % (A-) for regular French courses.
- Students must maintain a general academic average of B.
- Students must attend a minimum of 50% of our monthly meetings.
- Students must participate in 50 % of the events and activities sponsored by the NCHS.
- Students must complete 2 school periods of tutoring or other community service-related activity per month.
- Students must pursue the study of the French language in the following year of studies.