The Rumson-Fair Haven Regional Board of Education continues its Commitment to Excellence. One way of ensuring quality education for all students and supporting our communities’ commitment is through the Board’s planning, development and overseeing of its yearly goals.
BOARD GOALS 2021/2022
BOE-Approved on September 21, 2021
MONITOR AND REVIEW STRATEGIC PLAN
1. Monitor progress and review the RFH Strategic plan on a quarterly as well as yearly basis beginning in November 2021, February 8, 2022, April 26, 2022 and July 2022:
- To ensure the strategic priorities and action plan are aligned with district goals, and board committee goals;
- To ensure the action plan is meeting timelines/goals and make any necessary adjustments through the appropriate board committee(s) in collaboration with the Administration;
- Adjust strategy or action plans to ensure strategic priorities are meeting their objectives in collaboration with the Administration.
2. The Board in collaboration with the Administration will continue to work to increase committee effectiveness, transparency, and communication by:
- Specifically reviewing/defining each committee’s purpose and charge;
- Defining annual committee goals that align with and support District goals and the Strategic Plan;
- Establishing clear guidelines for community engagement during the open public
for approval at the November 9, 2021 Board meeting.
- Review/Update the Board Member Orientation Manual and as necessary update any Board policy, Board bylaws and charter for approval at the December 14, 2021 Board meeting.
BOARD PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- The Board in collaboration with the Administration will plan 2 full Board workshops. Individual Board members will attend 2 programs, seminars or workshops conducted by NJSBA.
BOARD ANNUAL PLANNING
- Establish Board annual planning schedule in January 2022.