The RFH Music Department offers performance opportunities and music electives for students who want to explore and discover the wide world of music. It is our goal that all students who join our department leave with a life long appreciation for all genres of music and explore their own creative being through composition and performance.
The most vital component of music at RFH is helping students become more literate performers and consumers of music. 21st century music literacy includes, but is not limited to:
- Reading and interpreting musical notation
- Composing music through written notation and recorded performance
- Listening and responding to music of all cultures and genres
- Performing in meaningful ensemble, small group, and solo settings
- Understanding 21st century music technology and publishing mediums