New Student Information
New Student (Fall2020) Important Dates
2020 Registration Information
- Pre-Registration Information Night for parents of Prospective 9th Grade or Transfer Students Tuesday, January 14 at 6:45pm in the RFH Auditorium. Park in the west lot to the left of the front circle and enter through the doors closest to the football field.
- The pre-registration meeting is intended for parents.
- At the pre-registration meeting, we will explain the course selection process and detail graduation requirements and the typical course progression/ course choices by subject. It is important to understand the expectations of each course individually as well as cumulatively, especially when outside commitments (activities/athletics/service etc.) are factored into a s
- Freshman Course Catalogs will be distributed.
Online registration for all 8th graders who live in Rumson and Fair Haven is required. Directions and links to online registration are detailed below. Support will be available at the Pre-Registration Meeting for anyone who needs assistance setting up an online account.Part 1 - Pre-RegistrationPart 2 - PowerSchool LoginPart 3 - Registration Form
2020 Placement Test
- World Language- Placement tests will be administered to determine advanced standing in Spanish and French on Wednesday, March 4, 2020 at 3:45 at RFH. drop off at front door.
- Studnts who wish to begin their World Language study in Spanish I, French I, or Chinese I do not need to test.
2020 Course Selection Appointments dates
- Online Registration forms must be completed prior to your child's course selection appointments.
- In advance of a student's course selection appointment, the student should complete their course selection draft of the courses they wish to take, including their elective choices and alternate electives, as well as the language they will select or for which a placemnt test is required.
- January 21 and 22 at Knollwood by appointment (scheduled by Knollwood)
- January 27 and 28 at Forrestdale by appointment (scheduled by Forrestdale)
- January 23, 24, 29, and 30 at RFH by appointment. Contact Kathleen Robinson, RFH School Counsling Secretary
New Student Orientation in late August, date and time tbd (incoming freshmen and transfer students only)