SAT Our school code is 311-335
A student's first SAT should be taken in the spring of junior year. Students register on College Board's website. Be aware of registration deadlines and test dates and plan accordingly.
- All SAT Test Dates
- RFH Test Site Dates
- March 11, 2023
- June 3, 2023
- College Board research indicates that students will earn the highest scores in one of the first 3 times they take the SAT.
- Taking the SAT more than 3 times may red-flag a student.
- College Board counts every SAT from 9th grade through senior year in a student's testing history.
- Students cannot send only one set of scores, using Score Choice, unless the student earns their highest Reading and Math score on a single test date and will be expected to send all of their scores to each college.
- Most colleges will SuperScore (pull the highest scores from different test dates), but students cannot do so themselves.
- Spring test dates are in line with Early Decision and Early Action requirements.
SAT and Score Choice
The SAT is designed to measure a student's ability to succeed in college level work in freshman year of college.
The three sections of the test include evidence-based reading, math, and writing. They measure the student's critical thinking and problem solving skills along with the student's writing abilities.
In most cases, students are prepared to take their first SAT test in the spring of their junior year.
Juniors should not take their first SAT earlier than spring, unless they believe their most recent PSAT accurately reflects their ability and no other prep is necessary.
Score Choice- please see the Score Choice page for details.
ACT/SAT Conversion Tool
Trying to compare your SAT and ACT? Try this tool.