Finding the Right Fit
- Each year, well over ninety percent of our graduating seniors choose to further their education by attending college. The first and most important step in preparing for college is to work hard and do as best you can in the most academically rigorous courses you can handle.
- Among the most important factors to colleges as they select their incoming class:
- The rigor of courses taken
- Grade Point Average
- College entrance exams like the SAT and ACT
- *Recently, many colleges and universities have chosen to be test-optional or test blind. Students should consult with their school counselor regarding the best option for them.
- Your challenge will be finding the right school for you from over 5300 colleges and universities in the United States (over 4100 4-year colleges and universities). There are specific criteria you need to consider to find the colleges which best meet your needs:
- college’s geographic location
- size of the campus and the student body
- campus culture
- cost and financial aid
- the majors that are offered
- activities, athletics, Greek life, etc. you may want
- Remember, a college search is a journey to find the right match for you. The people who know you best-your parents and your counselor can help you the most if you let us. Communication between you, your parents, and your counselor are essential.
- You may find multiple schools that offer a great fit. Try using this decision matrix to help you make a decision.
What better way to get the latest information on ISSUES and TRENDS in admissions than directly from the colleges.
- College Bound News is a monthly online magazine that reports on news directly from admissions at colleges across the country.
- You now have access to each current monthly issue.
- Go to CollegeBoundNews.com. Click on Current Issues Subscriber Login (Username: cbnews18/Password: CB@18&3348)
Advice on College Search and College Choice
Listen and watch behind the scenes at Brandeis
Listen and watch an admission team at work